All incidents are (probably) true as I remember them...and are in no particular order and may or may not have happend on the day they are
listed the names have been color coded to protect the innocent
(or the guilty)
All the 'old' news can be found under the 'past photos' links
Wednesday April 12, 192000
- Well, the day started out ok for yellow...until...his headache decided to pay a visit and that
is usually when all of the lost people come out and ask about this and ask about that and blah...
it didn't help that there was a traffic accident down the street
which took him about 20 minutes to get through all the while 20 people are having conversations
with the other 20 people on the bus creating a large amount of background noise
that last trip was no fun for yellow...lemme tell ya
time for the split and lunch and tylenol...
tylenol didn't help...headache is still there...time to start the second half and there is mr red and mr EN
waiting...yellow is glad that they joined the party...took his mind off the headache...
anyway, mr EN
was up to his old "what's different about bus xxxx" antics...since mr EN decided to get very nitpicky(?)
about his answers...mr yellow decided to do the same thing...and stomped (ooops stumped) him on numerous
occasions including that bus that was directly in front of them...
mr salmon then joins the party
later during the trip - EN decides to take off...ok...see ya
the end of the line is reached and there is mr blue
with mr purple waiting and photos are traded and conversation is ongoing until it is time to leave...
during the trip it's time for salmon to leave...ok...see ya...the trip is completed and yellow and red
go their seperate ways
Yellow says he is glad that the colors showed up on a day which is was not
feeling very well
- Be shure to look (I'm shure you guys have already) to in the "new stuff" section
Wednesday April 05, 192000
- I know...the news has been lacking the last week and a half...
well, Soma's computer was sent over
to CMF for repairs which included a new modem (56K flex this time) and a new video card...
hopefully, the computer will stay in service for a while
- mr yellow and mr blue spotted NABI Low Floor 7001 at CMF...they were hoping it was in the same place
it was the day before when mr blue and mr orange then mr white and mr yellow spotted it...but no...it was moved
mr yellow pretty much liked it...and felt ok in the seat...it even has the 'old' 7000 master switch which was kinda neet
but the sun visor/screens need to come down a little lower...
- mr yellow has also spotted 5300 (http://labusfan.tripod.com/7.html)...he only took a quick look at that one so
yellow will not really comment on that
- mr white still hasn't shown the colors that "207 Palos Verdes" schedule that he claims to have
- Wednesday was a very up and down day for mr yellow...a methanol was assigned...yellow didn't really much care for this
particular bus...a write up of the day's events will come sometime during the weekend...at least Soma hopes so
- ahem...will the monthly news person update their "LA area bus news" section...thank you
- Soma and yellow are glad to see that http://labusfan.tripod.com/7.html has added a news
section...we wish he would not refer to people by their christian names though
Thursday March 23, 192000
- The day started out alright...a nice sounding and nice running bus was assigned
quiet day...until the last round trip...the leader took 5 minutes on mr yellow (again) and he got buried...
first by the construction which made traffic bumper to bumper...then by all the people that were boarding because the bus was late
yellow arrived at the end of the line 3 minutes after he was supposed to leave...so he just turned around and went back...
and with yellow's luck...there is a wheelchair to be boarded...so he does that ...and at the next stop...he has to take time
out again because there are two bikes but one of the slots is broken off and blah , blah, blah, blah, blah...[sigh]...
too many people on the bus so yellow has to leave a few stops...but it doesn't really matter since there is another
wheelchair to be boarded...yellow moves along...and it looks like there is another wheelchair to be boarded - but ... it turns out
he didn't want yellow's bus ... so yellow runs into more traffic...and here comes mr red to join the party
that is not going so well
wheelchair 1 is deboarded...more traffic...follower catches up ... wheelchair 2 is deboarded...
the end of the line is reached 15 minutes after the bus was to leave...oh well...it's the relief's problem now
2 hour split...and since yellow didn't bring any lunch...he had junk food for lunch...Red already had lunch
2nd half is started a methanol bus is assigned... and the leader(1) leaves late (like he always does) and the leader(1) has instructed yellow to stay behind it...so he does
it's an easy trip until yellow is becoming a little too late for his own good so he goes around the leader and moves along
here comes mr blue to join the party and a photo exchange is done between Mr Red and Blue...a few laughs...and the observance of leader(2) staying strictly
in the middle lane is done...anyway, the end of the line is finally reached...a posedown later...it's time to for yellow to get buried again
mr yellow looking at his watch and mr blue saying "you might as well throw that watch out the window"...the trip didn't turn out
too bad with the colors on board...and none of the followers caught up to mr yellow like they usually do...lots of laughs
time to go home and the colors meet at a resturant of mr blue's recomendation...a few more laughs and it's time to go home
long day...yellow is glad that the colors showed up and at the same time...that the day is over
- An updated division 1 roster has been posted...the background on the division 9 roster was changed
Wednesday March 22, 192000
- A nice quiet day for mr yellow...
during trip 3 yellow caught his leader and then proceeded to board the two
wheelchair people ... which was not a problem for mr yellow...
but during trip 4...this same leader left 5 minutes
early to compensate for the heavy traffic that road construction was causing...
trip 4 - yellow is moving along
and moving along and moving along...got past the construction which didn't turn out to be that bad
trip 5 - yellow was
"well, you know...if I keep the door open ... we are never
going to leave this intersection because people are just going to keep coming and coming and coming...you
have to stop it somewhere" I wonder if the driver knows what it feels like to be passed by ? "uh - yeah...it happend to us a couple of saturdays ago when
the 115 passed us by and we had to wait 20 minutes for the next one (in the rain!)" ...it was a good 5 minutes before yellow finally
shut up about the subject
during the 1st trip of the second half...blue joined for a one way trip then he split
trip 2 went so-so...then it
was time to go home
- Don't use the ritz camera close to where yellow works...it was more than a week before he got his 4x6 nothing special about them prints
...he'll use the one close to home...they know him very well there and he gets his prints back in 3 working days
- 5209 was spotted in service
Monday March 20, 192000
- A nice quiet day for mr yellow today...
mr blue joined mr yellow for a mini round trip during the second half
- Mr Lime's bus was used for the first half
- Thanks for the items Rainbow and Blue
Sunday March 19, 192000
- New photos on cop cars pages, GMC, TMC, and a few other place i've forgotten...
- I just realized that I never did write up a trip report for that Norwalk/Glendale excursion
- Don't know if i'll ever get around to writing the santa barbara report
- Mr Yellow was moaning and groaning that he couldn't go on the ERHA trip because of personal business on the same day...
Yellow is glad...after seeing that 6581 (and not advertised LAMTA 5193) and
65xx (and not advertised LACMTA 5193) were the "historic" and "new" buses used
Yellow went on a much better trip with Blue, Red, Pink, Purple and Rainbow
All the 'old' news can be found under the 'past photos' links
Mon Mar 20, 2000 -- 09:52:22(1765)